Yesterday was tough. There's not too much more I can say.
I played my flute in church yesterday. I wished for a red ribbon to wear in my hair, but I don't have one anymore. I was pretty nervous - I haven't performed at all in over four years, since I moved back to Austin. We ran through the song twice before church, and each time I cracked my first note pretty bad, plus a few others, which did not ease my trepidation. Anyway, normally we process in from the back of the church, but we didn't yesterday - I guess it's because it's summer and we're not wearing robes. That means we came in the side door, which you get to by walking through a hallway with some offices, including the children's ministries director. I have walked by there many times, but never on Sunday morning, so her door has always been closed. As I walked past yesterday morning, her door was open, and what to my wondering eyes did appear but a roomful of FROGS! I mean, this was a collection that dwarfed my dad's. It was pure-d craziness. I stood there stunned for a moment, and she said 'I know, it's ridiculous!' I said 'No, it's awesome.' :) and moved along - that was all I could say. I went on to play my song, with no bad notes. Thanks Dad.
Then last night we were watching the Celtics game. The Celtics got pretty far in the hole in the first half, but they almost pulled off another upset. As the commentators described what had happened, they said 'but the Celtics came roaring back!' That was Dad too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment