Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A first

We have satellite radio in the truck and it is awesome. I keep thinking maybe we should cut back somewhere and that would be a likely area, but I just don't want to. So, recently I was on a 70's channel kick but I had to switch back to the coffee house because every time Andy Gibb's "Love is Like Oxygen" came on, I would have a mild panic attack because I didn't have a tape recorder on which to hit 'Play/Record'. But while I was on channel 7, I finally heard the actual song "Basketball Jones". I don't know how I made it 41 years without ever hearing it, but all of a sudden, there it was. And it sounded EXACTLY the way dad used to sing it. I always thought he was singing it funny because, well, that's what he did, but no, that's how it really sounds! I could not believe my ears!

No comments: