
This is one of my favorite pictures of me and my dad - this is the night he drove to Austin from Corpus Christi to hear my wind ensemble concert, then drove back the same night so he could go to work the next day. After we ate at the old GM steakhouse on the drag! He logged a lot of miles going to our stuff...
2 comments:
Susanna, I so enjoy your postings that pay tribute to your dad, whom I remember from elementary school days. As I told your Aunt Cynthia after recently locating her again after 54 years, I remember him with his safety patrol belt and looking up to him to keep us safe. Your blog helps me fill in some of the puzzle pieces from the past 54 years. I have also enjoyed sharing in the joy of the recent addition to your family. Of course I see your sons as Terry's grandsons. I can't help but believe that he is looking down on them - and you.
Well, it's kind of overwhelming to try to express what I want to say. Hopefully you can sense the caring that is projected over you and your family.
BTW, I guess Cynthia told you that you were born on the exact same day as my daughter Dee Dee.
Love and prayers, Nancy Rodman Smith, bff of your Aunt Cynthia
You didn't post a date with the photo. Since you and my daughter were born on the same day, I'm guessing you were at UT at the same time (1988-1992).
p.s. do not reply to my comments via the blog comments section. It would go to google mail, which I never ck. My email address is nkrsmith@juno.com
Post a Comment