Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I forgot about Warren Zevon

Ever since Dad died, whenever I hear about a celebrity dying, I think about how much Dad liked them and would have wanted to meet them. Like Bo Diddley. Or someone I know, like Nancy from choir. Dad would have really liked her - her lights were definitely on! Then I imagine them together in Heaven, and it makes me feel a little better, sometimes.

This morning I was listening to Zachary's new cd on the way to work - Dan Zanes Catch That Train, which is a really cool kids' cd. There is a song on there by Leadbelly, and he even introduces the song by explaining who Leadbelly was. It made me feel really sad that I didn't get to tell Dad that Zachary had a cd with a Leadbelly song on it. Then another song on the cd made me think of the song 'The First Showboat' and I realized that I left that off Dad's ipod mix, and that made me feel even sadder.

I finally got to work, sat at my desk, and turned on my radio. I don't remember what song was playing, but the very next song that came on was 'Werewolves of London'. I really felt like it was Dad telling me not to be sad, because really, how can you feel sad listening to that 'Werewolves of London'? That song rocks!

Anyway, it reminded me that Warren Zevon is up there too, which is awesome. He rules, BT (big time).

1 comment:

Robert said...

Werewolves of London does rock! We heard it on the radio on the way to Florida. It definitely made me think of Dad. I love you!